Thursday, June 23, 2011

Chandler's New Room

Out with the Cowboy Room
In with baseball!
Chandler loves to play baseball.  He is always sliding on the hardwood floors or carpet or has a baseball in his hand.  For the last 2 to 3 months, Chandler has wanted a baseball room.  I kept saying once mommy is home for the summer, we will get it done!  Well, you know him, he did not let me forget that! 

Those who know me personally, know that I am a VISUAL learner!  I asked my wonderful creative SIL to some advise.  She created a wonderful storyboard as I call it for me to see.  I do wish that I would have been able to purchase all of it, but I had to compromise and use my own creative touch. 

Thank you Emily for helping me to see Chandler's vision....he loves it!

So my own version on a budget! heehee!
From doorway!
First time Chandler's bed as been a different way in 3 years!
We already had the quilt so we went with it!

Closer up...

Scoreboard that I made...yes, that is right!  I DID something!

old board that I found at Hobby Lobby for $10
can of Green Spray Paint

Cricut for letters and Varsity Cartridge
Some wooden pieces found in the craft section at Hobby Lobby
Paint Paint a little Stain...
Thanks Emily for the suggestion on the stain!

Finished Project!
Just need Gpa or Chad to put my holes in the top. 
I want Chandler to be able to use if to work on his math also!


So I truly loved the painting that was on the storyboard.  Maybe that can be purchased later on.
So I decided to be creative on my own!  Not to bad.
Chandler loves it and that is all that matters!
Trying to layout my baseball field! 

The green does look better after a few more coats.
Shhhh, my pitching mound is off a little!  It is all good! 
Wall between bathroom and closet.
The stars were up there from the COWBOY theme so I thought they were okay to leave! 
One less hole to see!

I think this is my favorite corner!
Picture of Chandler playing his first year of ball!

Frames are from Hobby Lobby!

The scoreboard is going to hang in this corner so he can take the number on and off!
Bucket from Wal-mart.
Cricut some letters using vinyl and can a wonderful place to put books! 
Cubbies are still in room, just hiding a little!
Room for toys! 
Am going to order the ball holders in storyboard this week!
Vinyl letters above window! 
Above bed...hard to see message.....HELP, advice please!
I need something else on this wall.  I am thinking of using Vinyl to put baseball words around picture.

No room is not complete without a clock and lamp.
Chandler and I found this lamp at Fred's for $10.

Would like to do something to the shade or find a different one!
Everything is perfect for lil man right now!

Now, if we can just keep it this clean!

Things that I want to do!
Curtains-I have felt for pennants!
Hang scoreboard
Order ball holders
Lampshade
Words above bed!

No comments: